Lions and leopards and LaCroix, oh my!

Lately I've been getting into the wonderful world of vintage accessories. Buying new jewelry just doesn't give the same satisfaction - the thrill of the hunt is virtually eliminated, and it doesn't feel as special when there are four identical pieces sitting next to it or just under the counter. I also have a major soft spot for ethnic jewelry - I regularly wear a strand of metal beads from Ethiopia with a strand of fat blue beads (made from recycled glass!) from Nigeria.


Two of my most recent pieces I actually found in the same shop. The first is a great Christian LaCroix signed belt, complete with huge buckle and monogrammed star charm. The belt reminded me of styles by the fantastic (and often insanely priced) Judith Leiber and Christopher Ross.


The other piece is a Bergere stunner from the 70s - a leopard cuff with maximum shine that wraps all the way around and has a nice weight to it. Very Kenneth Jay Lane, though with better craftsmanship and attention to detail. The stones on this piece are actually clear, but it photographed green from all the gold.


My aunt also brought over two fantastic, delicate rings to give me tonight. Each has a row of eight stones (one has sapphires, the other has diamonds), and they fit together in a wave shape. She bought them in the 70s in San Francisco and they no longer fit, so they were passed on to me! A nice surprise. I was actually able to stack them with another sapphire and diamond ring that I already wear on a daily basis.


I also picked up a really interesting (and surprisingly sexy) YSL sweater, but I haven't been able to get a picture of it yet.









1 Response to "Lions and leopards and LaCroix, oh my!"

  • bowsnhearts Says:

    Thanks for cheering me up on my blog! I am reading the link you posted in your comment to my blog now!

    I loveee thick black belts! I have one from Review but that's really expensive. It was a birthday gift. It really goes with EVERYTHING.